AVC Communications is looking for an IT Technician capable of maintaining computer hardware and software systems, basic networking and WordPress website development for small to medium businesses. Must have the ability to communicate with our client’s both technical and non-technical roles and provide a high level of customer service.
- Education and or experience in installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of LAN networks, servers, workstations, operating systems, and applications.
- Education and or experience in system administration, including system maintenance, workstation support, virus removal, Internet connectivity, security services, load monitoring, and back-up procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and TCP/IP technologies including: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, and “Best Practice” Security policies
- Configure, install and manage Network Security Appliances, routers, Spam and Web filters.
- Organized, detailed-oriented, dependable and flexible
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel locally on daily basis
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Candidates must have excellent troubleshooting skills combined with strong organizational skills. Be a self-starter, have excellent communication skills to interface with our clients, the end users and management daily. Can take on responsibilities, manage priorities with minimal guidance, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
Compensation: Based on experience and qualifications. Paid Vacation, Health/Dental/Optical Insurance.
- Answer calls and emails from clients.
- Work onsite or remotely to fix problems. Problems include, email, computer software issues, virus, network connectivity, hardware failure, hardware upgrades, software upgrades, software compatibility, internet issues, explanations of how to do something, and other general IT problems.
- Build computers and networks for clients as requested.
- Fix and maintain computer networks including routers, switches, mapped drives, backup software, remote access software, user’s permissions and shares, printers etc.
- Manage websites and website projects including setting up hosting, transferring domains, setting up email, transferring email, transfer websites, and managing cpanel accounts
- Build out websites content. Including pages, images (may require Photoshop), menus, etc.
- Fix and maintain already built websites. Including updating pages, plugins, and problems.
If you would like to contact us about this employment opportunity, you can email us at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
AVC Communications is an equal opportunity employer.